Valentines Date

Happy Valentines Day ♥
So strangely enough, today was the first time I've ever really properly celebrated Valentines.
In the past, it was just pretty much, group-hang outs or I had school or it was Chinese New Year or something like that. But yes, today, Vu and I went on our first Valentine date together♥
It wasn't much but simple fun like this is what I enjoy the most with him !
We dined at Red Salmon for lunch where we did not realise the mains were huge (and ended up not finishing all of it ;__; /sad because I loved that peppercorn gravy!) ! Mmmm. We also had pre-dessert (we ate it before lunch hehe) at the Theobroma Chocolate Lounge. (I must return there for more!!)
I ordered the Mexican Parmagiana; whilst Vu ordered the Grilled Porterhouse Steak.
They were so so so good; and because we ordered Mains, we were given complimentary House Red Wine. Which uh, I didn't really like since I don't like the taste of alcohol ! (so I ordered Raspberry Lemonade *-* which was yum!)
Andddd this is our pre-dessert. It's Triple Chocolate Mousse cake.
Vu ate the majority of it because he is fatI didn't feel like eating too much sweets at that time.
We spent the rest of the day shopping (he bought me new flats! cos my heels were killing me) ! And looking for some new clothes (which I didn't find any that were particularly nice :c) ♥
The presents that he gave me; My Melody plushie, Rilakkuma plushie, Alice in the Country of Hearts Vol.5 (!!!), 3 Red Headbands, Mini Phone Charm (that we bought for eachother), Typo Sketch Book, Flats! :) (and well I guess the food too ..)
AND, for those on twitter who were curious about what I was making for him for the past few days. (I don't have many photos so let's hope he takes and uploads some soon) But I got him:
Fake Bouquet of Flowers (DIY), Coupon Book (DIY - thanks to Michelle for the idea!), "Bun" Plush (DIY), Wax (thanks to Lissy lol!), Giant "Chocky", Sandwich Cookies (DIY - thanks to Bakerella), New Pens, Mini Phone Charm, Lollies and a card ! ♥
Anyway, although today, in my opinion, is really all a marketing scam - I still think its nice that we have a day dedicated to love. And we should remember that although the majority of this day is focused on "couples"; it shouldn't be limited to so! Because there are many types of love. Friendship. Family. etc ~

So, don't feel down if you don't have a significant other yet, because there are heaps of people who love you!
♥ ♥ ♥
Do you prefer roses or chocolates or both?
I personally don't like to receive either! Because flowers die and chocolates make me fat! hahaha

54 Comments:

Vu said...

BABY, YOUR FOOD PHOTOS ARE MAKING ME SO HUNGRY AGAIN. T-T We are so stopping back there for some of that peppercorn gravy. >:D

hahah Today sure was fun. The best Valentines day yet. :)

I agree with you about valentines day being a marketing scam, why should you have only one day dedicated to love when you can dedicate every day! And really, because today is so focused on couples, what about the ones who are single? Kinda mean...

I prefer chocolate over roses, I can't eat them roses. :(

Vu said...

P.S - baby you looked so beautiful today. <3

Panda ♥ said...

Happy Valentines Day ^_^

looks like you had a great time ! my day only just started =]

Quest♥Jen said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Haha I know it's already over but I just felt like saying it one last time x)

Yummy food and dessert :) Cute how Vu bought you a new pair of flats when your heels were killing you xD My boyfriend did the same once when my flats were giving my blisters, he bought me some sandals haha :D Such considerate boyfriends we have lol!

Cute gifts by the way, and your DIIY gifts are lovelyyyy ^^ The bouquet of flowers looks so pro~ I want to see the 'bun' plush hehe

I agree, I don't like receiving roses either and I didn't get any this Valentine's x) I got Roses chocolates though haha, just a small box though, won't hurt :D

sugar sugar said...

Happy valentines1 :3 Looks like you had a fabulous time and it is sooo sweet of you to give your bf so many DIY presents! x)

Caroline Josephine said...

Happy Valentine's Day! You guys look adorable! And I'm so happy that you guys were able to have such a nice date!

Hmmmm, I love chocolate, but I prefer flowers. It's rare when I get them, and I get chocolate all of the time.

Eva Cardol said...

you guys are a really cute couple ^^ <3

h.tea said...

Happy Valentine's Day [for yesterday], Melody :)

The dessert looks yummm!

Gerrytales said...

Ahhh you guys are too cute > w <"
That mexican thing you ordered is making me hella hungry. Farrrr cheeese!!
And zomg! Plushies! *spazz
I gotta agree with Vu on choosing chocs over roses. Sweets ftw!!!!

Helppounohtaa said...

Happy Valentine's day<3
Those things what you get are cute!!

Catrin said...

!!!!! The mexican Parmagiana looks so delicious!!! I never ate that before, but I definitely have to now (*_____________*)!!

He got some really cute presents for you & the fake diy bouquet looks like hard work! wow!

I'm single & I can't understand people who say "I hate valentines day"...I enjoy this day, even as single <3


&& I don't like to receive roses at all...chocolate can be good sometimes, but not too much! haha~

Exuvalia said...

You guys look cute! I personally like receiving flowers, but I'm not too keen on chocolate. Eating too much makes me feel sick. :/

Unknown said...

CHOCOLATE! hahaha. cause i'm piggish!

but vu is so sweet to you!!
he bought you new flats because your heels is hurting u!!
awwwwww.. so sweet!! >.<

heheheheheh.. you two are really cute together!!

the diy flower looks really nice!!

inge luciana said...

you guys are too cute.
happy valentine's day :)

Vanessa said...

Happy Valentine's Day ♥♥♥
ahhh finally I know what you gave to him lol XD.

and mmmmmm... YUMMY food :p

[Anna] said...

I feel exactly the same about flowers and chocolates! You made so much for him! What a lucky guy! Your vday looked amazing :)

Lisa said...

awww love your v-day pictures you look like you had such a great time..

you and your bf are SOO freaking cute!!

i agree i don't like to get chocolates or flowers for valentines.. it's so uncreative.

Audrey said...

You two are such a sweet couple! I love how Vu is the first to comment on all your blog posts! ^^


PS The food looks so yummy! :3

♡Yumeko said...

Your Valentines Day was amazing!^__^*<3
the pictures are so cute!(and So much delicious food!:D)
Vu is really sweet to you!~
I like the presents you exchanged!(:
<3<3<3

ice pandora said...

A well, over the top succeed Valentine's day ^_____^

To be honest I don't like V-day much, I think it's silly.
You don't need to extra express your love to someone you already love right?
Oh well that's just me :P I'm still glad for you two because you two are happy. And when you are happy I'm happy :)
xxoxx~

Bibi said...

Oooh the food *drools* Now I want to go out and have dinner too T.T And Vu looks so dressed up in his bowtie :D
Is it weird that I had to laugh at the "naughty monkey" shoes? ^///^ They are pretty and cute though, they only have a funny name ^^

Sarah Truong said...

Happy Valentine's day :D

You two are adorable and suit eachother perfectly. The dessert looks soooo good.

I love love love chocolate roses <3 hahaha then I can some of both flowers and chocolate~

Unknown said...

xD actually when writing my post i searched up valentine history.

Appears that all valentines were martyrs and the love that was meant to be portrayed was the Love from Christianity (Valentine Saints were all Christian martyrs) however through many years, it's been commercialized and misinterpreted as love between 2 lovers.

Tezza said...

onommm omg food, me and my boyf go for them lunches every week at uni at those random bar thingos for cheap :D:D and he loves steak and then there's me who orders things like you LOL yumm <333

i spy typo sketch book! the pages in that book are so nice, like its perfect white paper LOL, can i see some of your drawings? :)

HAPPY VALENTINES BABYGIRL <333

Ella Bonsol Santos said...

*read your post*
Belated Happy Valentines to both of you :))

Anonymous said...

awrr those presents are so cute, especially the flowers!

Georgina said...

i love seeing cute couples going out on fun dates! you both look adorable like you just came out of an asian romantic drama. haha. im glad you both enjoyed the occasion. Happy belated Valentine's day! :)

Anonymous said...

you two look so cute together. n ur valentines day looks so sweet. so many gifts!! n he got you shoes too? awesome bf!! I like the pink bunny and the desserts!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day! You and Vu look so cute together! Haha I agree with what you said about today being a marketing scam; that's kinda why my bf and I don't celebrate it either - we just stayed home and played Xbox 360 together today lol.

Kae Carruthers said...

AWHHH so cuuuteee!~~ You two are just the cutest couple I know x3
Personally, I don't like either because I don't like it much when people waste their money on me D: But if I HAD to choose... rose I guess x3 They smell nice. :3

Katie Lee said...

ohhh goodnesss , the desserts look delicious (: as for the your question . Neither , haha , chocolates make me break out , and I honestly hate flowers (I don`t like their scent haha) . Buttt hmmm , Valentine`s Day I had to work . Buttt honestly , I love Valentine`s Day even if I`m single . I think it`s cute watching couples hold hands , exchange gifts , and spend a whole day loving each other rather than fighting (:
Ohhhh ! And Happy Valentine`s Day Melody (:

Akimme Khoo said...

You never fail to make my tummy play a symphony every time I read~ D8

petitechouxx said...

happy valentine day!!! <3
you are both so cute ^^

waaa i had to wait for alice in french version =.= the fourth just come out...

P o o p e r said...

UGH *___* THAT MOUSSE CAKE. I'm not really fond of plain old cake but when mousse is involved ... It's delicious! D':

Aw, that was so nice of him to buy you flats because of your feet hurting. ^__^ The melody plush looks so darn adorable and the korilikkuma one does too! Oh girl I was in the same dilemma last week when it came to shopping. :\ All the nice stuff appears when you're broke!

Glad that you had a really nice date with Vu!

lissy said...

*drools at the food*
aww that my melody plushie.. my melody ahh puns ><b
those flowers look so real! must have taken you ages to make :D

CHLOE and JESSICA said...

sooo cute ! you are beautiful!!
xoxo

http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/
http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/

Melanie Busby said...

Hi! I’ve awarded you The Versatile Blogger Award! You can view the details at http://beautymeetskawaii.blogspot.com

Kisses, Melanie

Anonymous said...

You guys looks so cute together!


Haha, I think so! Well, if you want them you should look on ebay! ;D

Sushi said...

Happy Valentines Day!!! Glad you had an amazing day!

Elisa ♥ said...

Happy Valentines day sweetie ^^ looks like you had an awesome day with vu =D

LITTY said...

happy valentine's! ^__^ I think I prefer roses, because they are beautiful but of course, only receive them once per year since dey die fast LOL.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated V-Day,doll :3
You both looked great!!
Haha got "Alice Vol.5" for my birthday! :)

Oneiro said...

Happy belated valentines day!

Ohhh it's so cute you both gave eachother presents >w<!!
and I had to laugh when i saw the plushie XD!!

anyway, i prefer chocolate because roses will die and im just a sucker for chocolate XD!

p.s. i love that dress youre wearing! it's very gyaruish :D!

HL said...

haha yeah that's me xD
its a mushroom ! :D
woah the food looks REALLY delicious ! Ö__Ö omg . <3
cute presents ^^ hope that i will get such a present next year too ?:'D from a hot guy hehe

Anonymous said...

wraaahr, you all have had an awesome valentine's day! and vu really is a gentleman, i love the presents *~* hihi
for next year i need to find a (pure love?) bf and celebrate v'day in such a lovely way, too!

ShuShu ♥

- said...

Awwww that is super sweet! A my melody plush toy <3
WOW the parma is hugeeeee, i want to visit this place now.
I didnt end up celebrating cos ben was at work. I prefer poems rather than flowers or chocolate...so corny right haha.

Saving Capulet said...

have to agree about the marketing scam :)) but im glad you two had fun and gosh, you look like a couple from a k drama xD

Carmen To said...

i like both! :)
you are so pretty!

love, carmen

Ailing said...

Awww, your Valentines Day sounds so adorable! Your bouquet of flowers is AMAZING! I wish I was as talented and creative as you >.<" HAHA!
Yes, please! I would love for you to get 'NAKED' with me ;) HAHAHA!
I hope all has been well, my love. xx

Hello Naka said...

awh happy vday! u both look so cute!

steph said...

gosh! the food looks yummmmmy!!! and you two make such a cute couple XD looks like you had a lot of fun too! so cute that he gave you a my melody plushie tehehe ^__^ well i don't really like flowers either, especially roses :< except if they come in a flowerpot, so that i can put them on my balcony :3

The Mad Twins said...

I hope I find my true love one day ^-^ I want to do romantic things as well, like you always do :)
You both look so sweet together :)
and your dress is soooo beautiful!!!!
I adore it so much! If I find one like that I definitely but it ^-^

xxx

Ling said...

Awww...for Valentines Day, Noah bought me 2 gossip magazines and salt & vinegar chips!!! hahaha