Praying for the World.

I don't usually make a post so soon after another one, but this was rather necessary for me.
If any of my readers have been following Mei (from Ice Pandora ♥) blog posts, you should know that her mum isn't doing very well at the moment. And after reading her latest post about making paper cranes and stars, I thought I'd make a small post dedicated to her and her mum ♥
So these cranes are for you Mei.
I'm not very skilled at Origami, and I don't really have a lot of pretty paper, but I thought I'd let you know I care. And that I really really hope that your wish for your mum to get better comes true.
But not only that, I'm also dedicating my cranes to every single person out there who needs.
For those in Queensland who are suffering from floods, those in Perth who are getting Bush Fires, for my friends and family who aren't feeling that well, and just for better and brighter days for everyone. ♥
So I'm asking you all to take the challenge to maybe make one or two cranes and dedicate it to Mei or to someone who really needs a wish right now. There won't be any prizes or anything, because you need to do this from the heart.
So I challenge you to take that step and help someone out there, even if it's just showing that you care by  making a simple paper crane. Because any of us could be going through something similar right now.

I pray for better days and for a better future for all of us.
♥ ♥ ♥

Ps/ For those who don't know, there's a story that if you fold 1000 paper cranes, you'll be granted with a wish. Even if you don't believe in it, just by doing it shows that you care for someone else. It's the thought that counts really.

Pps/ And please, if you're going to say something rude or mean, just don't say it.


Also here's a link to learn how to make paper cranes: HERE

46 Comments:

Vu said...

I hope everything goes well for Mei's mother. I'll be folding some cranes as well, or at least attempt to.

This was a nice and heartwarming post, sweetheart. And those cranes look nice too. <3

Anonymous said...

I think that's very kind of you!

If I only knew how to make one! D:

ice pandora said...

-criessuperloudlikeaschoolgirl- THANK YOU xxxxxxx~

Elisa ♥ said...

veryy sweet of you melody <3

Bibi said...

Such a wonderful message!
I dedicate all my previously folded cranes to the people who are in need of a bit of luck. And I have a lot. Never knew why I made them, but I guess there was a purpose after all... Much strength to all who needs it, I hope these little paper cranes DO make a difference!

P o o p e r said...

I've been hoping the best for Mei's mom too. :( I was hoping for a fast recovery after the surgery but ugh ... I'm going to still hope and pray for her and her mom. This must be the most thoughtful thing a person could ever do and I'm going to see if I can figure out (from the tutorial) how to make a crane. Though, I will mostly praying cause even if serious problems exist or not that's what I always do everyday.

No matter what, I'm keeping faith!

♥Bunny♥ said...

That is really sweet of you Melody!
I'm not too familier with her blog but I will drop by her blog! Now... where are my origami papers...

Anonymous said...

/reply/

well, for example, if you'd like to work at a parfume store you may take a picture of a parfume bottle with a vintage effect or something and use it as a background (half faded, or else you can't read your text) and type something: "Parfume is my hobby" or something like that! ;D

Anonymous said...

aaaaah, I don't get anything of those crane instructions! D:

Anonymous said...

/reply/ Disgusting? Why would it be disgusting? =O And what would be disgusting then?

Anonymous said...

/reply/ Oh! Like that XDDD
No, that's the worst thing on your cv.

I found this: http://www.pckraanvogel.nl/Algemene%20informatie/hoe_vouw_je_een_kraanvogel.htm but I am stuck at step 6... >.>

Anonymous said...

/follow up
Okay.. make it step 9 T_T

♥Bunny♥ said...

I took on your challenge :)
http://unchainedbunny.blogspot.com/2011/01/thousand-wishes-in-paper-cranes.html

Anonymous said...

/reply/ I give up. Damn, those things are difficult to make! ;_;

Caroline Josephine said...

omg ~ Melludeeeeeee ;_; I'm so touched. You are truly one of the kindest people I've ever met. ♥

Anonymous said...

/reply/ yeah, as of course, I have a very small piece of paper in my hands..


Oh, that's it. That's the fourth on4. I am just imagining that I have fold a 1000 and sent it to Mei and everyone who needs it! u.u

Drea ♪ said...

Aw that is very sweet of you :3
I've never done it before, but maybe I'll try to do a few soon!

Ailing said...

Awww, you're such a sweet heart for doing that for your friend! They look absolutely wonderful! You're much more skilled at the art of folding paper than I am! HAHA :'(

Btw, I purchased the Clarisonic off Ebay since it was a much cheaper option, HAHA! But do be careful when purchasing anything off Ebay. xD
& yes, the package just included two products and heaps of green foam thingys! HAHAHA, it was a lot of fun just 'swimming' through there trying to see if they left me a surprise or anything... but they didn't. :( HAHA

I hope all is well. xx

Jodie said...

how sweet *^* guess imma pray for them too then ^^ hope qld peeps are ok.
im going to perth soon, hope i dont die of heat stroke LOL

Anonymous said...

I took on your challenge, too :3

--> http://shushu-blog.blogspot.com/2011/01/1000-paper-cranes-one-wish.html

ShuShu ♥

petitechouxx said...

you are so thoughtful ^^

i'll go check her blog

Dewi ♥ said...

Beautiful! I love this post, I really hope Mei's mother will be alright!!
I also made some paper cranes and I also would like to send them to Mei's mother and to everyone who need it :) xx

Hello Naka said...

this is so sweet of u I'll be sure to make some for Mei :) ur so sweet ^^

Kae Carruthers said...

This is the kindest thing ever, I heard about the 1000 paper crane wish thing to from a book we read ion grade 3 (:
I would totally do this if I had any paper at all Dx

sugar sugar said...

It was really thoughtful and sweet of you to do origami Melody. :) I will attempt to fold a couple of cranes as I am bad with those kind of stuff. x( And, I will pray for everyone who is suffering right now.

I will also light a candle for Mei's mom the next time go to church.

lissy said...

so touched *cries* D;

aidaj said...

you're so sweet! <3
i don't really know how to make cranes, but i really hope that everyone out there will be okay and have a good time =D



www.flowerrock.blogg.se

m0chiii said...

you're such a sweet person, melody. i stopped by her site to wish her mom well. =)

Audrey said...

I'm going to learn how to make a paper crane for her! Hope her mum gets better! ^^

janiceitaintfunny said...

Aww Melody you are the sweetest girl I’ve ever met/known! I pray that Mei holds strong and that her mum gets better! I have a heap of paper cranes at home so maybe I can use those for a wish and hopefully when all our wishes add up they come true!
*bear hugs you*
Xo

Jessica said...

Oh.. i have to learn how to make these paper cranes T__T

Anonymous said...

You're such a sweet & thoughtful girl. Yes, I know, I've basically just reiterated the same things that everyone else has said but it's true & you should know it :-P

That's a great idea. I'll have a look at that link and will get onto it ;-)

Anonymous said...

You are such a lovely and caring person,it warms my heart!
Your post made me cry as well as Mei's post.
I am so happy to see that there are still some nice persons in the world x3

kaizokumousy said...

ohhh yes!!!I watched something like this about making paper cranes makes someone recover from sickness.I watched anime thats how I found out about it ^o^ nice those are beautiful and you are so sweet making them!^^

jess said...

Awww Melody, you're a darling. It's a very sweet thought and I do hope your friend Mei's mum gets better too. Those paper cranes look very pretty (hehe i really like the floral oragami paper you used)! <3

Shoe said...

How pretty! I hope your friends Mum is better soon. :)

Unknown said...

That was very kind of you to make that post. And my prayers go to her mom.

Panda ♥ said...

That's super sweet and cute of you <3

Mileide Almeida said...

Ah so sweet your blog!! *-*
very cute!!

kiss

Elle said...

how lovely, these are beautiful! I remember I used to know how to make paper cranes, but I don't think it's a skill that stays with you hahahah. Your blog is adorable, by the way

xx elle
http://prep-a-holic.blogspot.com/

maybe we can follow each other?

Tifa Mai said...

Aww you're such an angel and sweet girl to do this for Mei!! Wonderful lovely post. I will also be contirbuting prayers and love to everyone, and the future. <3

Bubbly said...

I did mine for Mei and those needy people too. I really love you as you really do care alot about others! you are really someone I admire Melody!
keep up the great job!

http://idle-dreamer.onsugar.com
I have moved from lyrics-worth-loads.blogspot.com to the new link above.

thanks!
-natalie-

Anonymous said...

You inspired me~

http://meokigoto.blogspot.com/2011/01/along-with-these-i-send-my-prayers.html

Frances said...

you are such a sweet person :)

Caroline Josephine said...

Melody, you are such a beautiful person, inside and out. This post is wonderful, and I'm so sorry for Mei.

♥ L is Lily ♥ said...

i just read from mei's blog tonight and saw unfortunate news. ><

i am currently making some cranes too! i think its the thought that counts, and that was so nice of you to make these cranes for her and the less fortunate too. ><