My Body Size
Every girl, at one point in their life, has had something that they have hated about their own body. Whether it be their arms/legs/stomach - etc. And just like the rest of the female population, I've hated parts of my body too. But if I had to choose one thing that I didn't like about my physical appearance; it would probably be my body size proportions.

Red Cardigan with Black bunnies; Black/Silver Singlet; Black Studded Bow Belt; High waisted Black skirt; Patterned Tights; Black bow Headband; Sanrio Heart Necklace and a Lonsdale bag
I guess, the first thing that used to bug me a lot would be my height. I am only 151cms (4'11") approximately - I need someone to help measure my height again. It used to annoy me a lot when I was younger because nobody could ever see me; especially the tall white guys. Hence they would walk straight in to me without realising. :( But, I've grown accustomed to this height and a lot of my shoes have a bit of a boost to help :)
♥ ♥ ♥
So, stemming from this height issue; I've noticed that because I'm so short ..the rest of my body looks ...stumpy? Because I'm not exactly stick thin. If you've noticed from previous photos, my bust area is too big for my height. I'm not going to say the exact size because it's embarrassing and I don't think you'd all want to know anyway :) ! And because they aren't the "appropriate size" (I don't care, I still love them) it is annoyingly hard to find a proper fitting dresses. This is because, every single time I find a beautiful non-cotton or non stretchable dress; the bust size is always too small. Everything else fits perfectly - the waist, the length ..etc. Except that area. Sigh.
(Oh, I also have an abnormally large rib cage ..which makes it hard for me to sleep on my front hmm)
But then again ...I should just be happy with what I have.
♥ ♥ ♥
This was a rather embarrassing post to write up ^-^!
What is one part of your body that you hate and wish you could change?
Or, are you completely happy with the way you look ?
58 Comments:
You're beautiful. ^_______^
Baby, I think your body is perfect the way it is. It's part of what makes you who you are, and I wouldn't have you any other way. (Besides, having a large bust size is quite hot xD)
I'm satisfied with the way I look, but if life was like a game and I could customize my appearance; I'd probably make myself taller.
hahah I love you. :3
you're pretty jst the way you are! i wish i had a bigger bust though ;) haha so be thankful !
I honestly don't think there's anyone who have never thought of this. Everyone is, in one way or another self conscious about their body, but its how much you care about other people's opinion that matters. Personally, I hate being short especially for my age, and its embarrassing when you get mistaken for someone younger >.<;
Even at the start of the year most people though I was in first year =(
@Jonhsan - I'M SORRY JONHSAN.
I think you look perfect to me, Melody. <3 Very beautiful.
I wish I had a bigger bust.
I don't like my chunky legs.
I don't like my stomach.
I want to be a little taller.
I'm like 154 cm.
Not too far from you.
but melody~ you're like adorable and your height matches vu's really well XD LOL no offense vu~
as for me, oh there are tons of things, but the most thing would be that i want to get rid of my freckles >.< and maybe wish for a bit of a rounder face D= cause my face is too long >.<
also~ i want to know what size you are! =O
n i would say, I hate my hair? >_> Grrrs. But then wearing wigs is fun, hahaha. :D
D; i hate my chest im seriously flat man...AA T^T
you are pretty just the way you are ^^
Hohoho.
Heels can do the trick anyway.
Oh, and which body part?
Maybe, if I have the chance, I'll change all. jk. XD
but really, I don't like my humongous legs and my neck , there are lines on my neck. =C I hate it.
aww melody you don't have to worry about your body! you look so beautiful in photos *envies*
haha i wish there was some way that i could increase my bust size without any surgical procedures ;D you're lucky hehe
i hate my thighs >< i wish they were thinner. i also wish i had longer legs cos jeans don't always fit me that well cos of my thighs :| the size of my jeans suits my waist more than the length of my legs!
but at the end of the day, there will always be physical aspects about ourselves that we love and appreciate :)
MERODI you're gorgeous just the way you are. And I think it's your height that makes you cute! Hahaha and you've what I want, a bigger bust x)
hahaha i have same problem like u with bust area xD but i keep on my mind that i can get all guys with these lmao ! :D
and that is what fashion for =) to show off ur potential and cover ur minus xD dont be sad short gals is cuteeeee <3 and you freakin cute !!
Haha! I think we're in synnc :)!
I was thinking about doing a post about body image sometime!
I think your height makes you cuuute and your bust makes you a tease ;)
Omg.. i've had the same height issues as you too T_T but thank god there are heels :)
hahaha i've got heaps of things that i dislike about my body but i'm working on it to make it better LOL
And you are gorgeous ! soo adorable :)
omg! aww... how interesting, especially since i'm sure many girls (especially asians) have the opposite problem (cough). : ( i don't think you look disproportionate though!
I have issues with my body, but these are mostly coordination-related/strength related instead of aesthetic...I wish i was less unco and able to do sports : ( it seems really cool that you are good at swimming.
sorry for being a stalker lol i read your blog quite often, i hope this is not too creepy!
Haha, I'm taller than youuu !!! With 2 cm lollolool.. I feel so short as well T_T sighh.. It still bugs me~ And people will walk straight in to me as well, especially here in Europe, there are tons of tall people ~_~ it makes me feel very insecure
I'm used to being short it doesn't bug me anymore really!
yeh havign huge boobs is lucky!!! I guess though if it hinders with dressess and all then i understand what you mean
I'm like that with my hips, they're too wide, and my legs, I'm very embarrasses abotu my legs aswell
So if anything i really wanna try and tone my leg, butt and tummy muscles and I hate my arm strength- it's REALLY bad- for my physical examination i got top marks for situps but for push-ups i got 1/5 :( i used to have very strong arms... so i guess i just wanna do stuff that is achievable i just have to work towards it!
One thign i can't change or i can but won't is how bug my nose is!!! LOL
But you are very pretty and you aren't a stick but i think you are a perfect size with the right amount of stuff at just the ight places! and i don't mean fat i just mean in general-us shorties rock the world- u know it (;
Bhav
I find my forehead really annoying lately.
It's hot and I attempted to tie up all my hair, and looked into the mirror realising my forehead was reflecting sun light.
Gosh, what a horrific scene.
wd Mel, Vu says its good than be happy with your body size. My mum always says "God gives women a face but they always want another." LOL.
I totally understand what you mean for the dresses!
I think my body is well proportioned, I'm 5'7" so I'm pretty tall, sometimes taller than a lot of guys in my country. For the longuest time when I was in school, I hated my height, I always felt too tall. But now I'm ok with it.
Since last January I have lost 40 lbs, so I have come to like my body a lot more. The only thing that REALLY bugs me are my tights. They are fat, and I'm having the hardest time making them shrink and tone them the way I want them to be.
melodyyy! its a good thing to have big boobs but still be skinny! tehehe :3
I want to be skinnier :(
I hate my thigh. They are big T_T It likes all the fat goes there T_T i wish to change...
I really love your body size! Yeah I did notice in your previous blog that you have nice lady lumps and I think you are very very lucky!! Your boyfriend is very lucky! I share the same problem of having to find clothes fit my lady lumps :(
I think short is cute^---^ FUN SIZE~~!!
Awww, thank you for your lovely comments Melody :)
I think freckles might actually match you. You never know~ Gotta dot some on~
Boo expensive American candy! T ^ T
But they are so freaking nice~
------
I think you look very pretty! Short girls are cute to me. I hated my height and WANTED to be shorter >.<
Oh and every girl would kill for a big bust~ you are gifted~~
I must say, I hate my tummy area the most.... I WANT GIRL ABS!
<3 Gerry
Oh come on! dear your body is lovely! your height i think is cute :3 because it doesnt look cute if you are taller right?^^ you are petite.
it's ok, be happy, im sorry to say this but i am jealous of ur boobie >.> so don't say bad on that please.
oh and about the large ribcage, my bestfriend, has the same problem...I think it doesnt matter much ;) i stil like you are supper cute and very nice person!
you are very approachable and i like the feeling that you comment on my post even we dont know each other so much~ anyway i like that attitude ^^ sweet~
love mimi
Melody you are freaking gorgoues! You are so cute and I adore your photo's alot! You have an amazing boyfriend who loves youuuuu what more do you waaaant?
_______________________________
To me I'm 1,69m and I hate it sometimes because most of my Asian friends are shorter than me which make me look like some tall idiot between my Azn buddies =w= and I can't wear high heels all the time either... but hey there are worser things in life :)
im a shorter too !! and i deal with weight a little bit different.. lol.. i used to be super stick thin... and now i have put on an extra 30 pounds... =S one of my relatives used to say that two ppl can fit in me.. although i am considered "average" in the u.s... to asian people, i am still "fat".. so i guess i struggle with that...
also.. its nice that you have bigger boobies ! lol.. i know most ppl who have big boobs want smaller ones, and most ppl w/ small boobs want bigger ones..
I think you're perfect the way you are! :D I mean ittt! But I agree that all of us wish we could change at least one or two things about our bodies.
I use to hate my nose, and still kind of do. lol Ever since I was younger I've always wanted a "pointy" nose, just like how white people have them. :D lolol
That's one thing, and another thing would be my rib cage as well. :\ I feel strange putting on tank tops and v-neck shirts. I get embarrassed too when people see my chest and they point out how it pops out.
I actually love being short, though for the sake of wearing lolita! haha, I think lolita looks good no matter what height a person is, it's just I guess I feel much better that I'm small in a poofy, pastel colored dress? xD;
ahhh.
Though yeah, one thing I really dislike about being short is that fact when you look up to tall people you see up their nose, like you see a whole new perspective of their face from underneath. lmao Its quite unattractive.
I have a small special thing to send you! I'll be sending it out on Monday of next week. :'3 Just letting you knows!
u looks so cute i love ur cardy ^^ and tehe yeah contacts scare me alittle, especially when I started thinking i couldnt get them out if i out them in XD
and I'm growing to like my body, hopefully I'm going to start waist training. I would love an hour glass figure, but my chest is way too small, it doesnt bother as much as it used to except when my friends go on about lingeire shops and im too small for the smallest size in the shop -_-
I think short is cute ^^ u dont look stumpy u have a womanly figure which Im very jealous of u :p
Aww Melody, you look great! Don't tell yourself you're too short or your bust's too big or whatever... you know that's BS! You look amazingly cute, and you're a wonderful person (at least, that's what I think reading your blog), you're absolutely right when you say you should be happy with what you have! 'Cause life is more than bodysizes alone...
Having said this, I do understand you're thinking about these kinds of things. I think about this too, who doesn't... I wish my skin was clear, I wish I had a flat stomach, I wish I looked like some Victoria Secret model, but I'm not, and no matter what, we can only do as much as we can :)
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog!
I like your blog a lot and keep on reading! ^^
xoxo
Momo
hate everything, but kim seems to want my bust and alan my biceps (well more Lee's) .... hmm 8|....
hey! im the same height as you! and i get picked on all the time.. about it.. sigh i guess height.. but my proportions seem right although i wish i had bigger boobs! maybe not too big!
I think you're very cute! Don't be so done on yourself! ^-^
I've always hated my arms because I have KP. -3- So hard to "tame" it...
My sis is also your height with 'bigger bust', she really hates it too. When she walks in the city everyone almost walks into her.
AW MELODY!
you are perfect the way you are <3
don't change!
Hate my stubby legs and fatty arms LOL :D So lucky you have a good body proportion I have like a long back = short legs ;__;
Since body parts such as thighs, stomach etc are too cliche among us ladies I'll be different and include something else. The one part that I extremeley hate is my jaw/chin its abnormally long because I have an over bite which required braces when I was in grade 8 for two year. I hate it so much that when my braces was off I supposed to wear a retainer for another year but I never listen so now my teeth are back to its original position. When I smile my chin is really long like the grims reaper or something.
: ( <--- see what i did there again? I made my sad face longer ahahaha im so lame I love it.
I think you look great the way you are but if you're not satisfief why don't you give some of you bust area to me.. *laughs* XD
I hate my height ! I'm just 145cm tall and I don't grow anymore ;_;
Sometimes I just look like a real life doll and people won't take me serious >_<
And I also don't like my hair >_<
I want it to be long again, but that's my own fault cuz I randomly decided to chop it off a year ago .. *bad idea* lol XD
I hate my body and the way I look but I think that you're like a little doll, to cool (L)
Silly girl. Your gorgeous and you have a lovely body shape. No HOMO k?! But then again, we are female so we are never really happy with everything haha! I for one, hate my body shape .. I got the Spanish shape which sucks because i hate having hips, thighs & boobs *sighs* if i could change it, i would totally take my mothers figure when she was my age. nice, small & petite LOL!
Ok so in response to your comment! Puppy wasn't there this weekend, so he cant be mine :( i was so gutted :( .. i just hope a nice family bought him ! Ahhhh he was so cute >.<
Mmmm you should totally read the Manga of Fruits Basket, its really good & explains more than the Anime. Get it from Dymocks ;] its like $15 per book where as if you buy it from like Angus & Roberts is like almost $20 WTF !!
Xo ;]
Aww, thanks for the comment on my blog! :)
Ahh, it sounds like we have the same body issues! Except your boobs sound bigger than mine! HAHAHA, too cute! :P
Your blog's so cute, and so are you! :)
xx
Melody, you're so pretty!!
I think my body is out of proportion too though, my upper body is a lot smaller but from my hips down I'm bigger. I also don't like my skin colour cos I'm too pale.
I think everyone has issues with their body though, it's pretty normal.
love your bow headband hehe! :)
Love your blog sooo soooooo much! I hope you will follow or visit my blog:)
www.abitofeverything-nicoline.blogspot.com
Awwhh , I think you`re cute (:
And I have a similar body type as you (:
But I don`t mind it . I honestly wish I were flatter , but it's whatever . It's the way I was born , so I gotta live with it , be happy , and not let it bug me (:
I wished I had a bigger bust!!! :(
I don't like alot of things about myself especially my big nose hmphss
but i guess i'll have to live with itt lol
omgsh about ur last blog i am in my exam period now !!
goodluck and work hard!
xx mooshichui.blogspot.com
You don't have to worry about your body at all. You're so lovely!: )
I wish I had an oval face.. I feel like my face is everything but feminine!
I think you have a great body. Most girls would kill for a larger bust area (me included) haha. So to answer your question, I definitely wish I wasn't so flat chested :(
I think you look great just the way you are. I'm 5'4" but I'm a bit underweight and just can't seem to gain. I look scrawny and it's so hard to find things that fit length wise without being too wide. >_<
I love your blog, keep being who you are. ^^
lol dw melody, everyone has their own body problems, at least we share a same issue...height D: (not bust ofc >.>). i guess im short for a guy so its kinda awkward when your in a group with other ppl n ur the shortest(especially if they are way yonger then me) Q.Q
anyways, enough stalkage n more exam prep! gl with urs dee n BEACH PARTEHHH!!!! :0 enjoy the engrish ;)
your blog is realy fantastic ; ) ;*
i like it !!
if you want, follow me and write comment ; * <3
oh i agree with most of the people here. you don't have to worry about your body. from the pictures i've seen so far i can tell that you are a very beautiful and cute girl. :)
size doesn't matter, since i'm only 2cm taller than you. ;D
i complained about my height a lot but like you i got used to it.
i really like your blog entries btw, especially how you mark them with lots of colours. i'll read your blog regularly from now on. thihi. ;>
This is Def a hard topic to write about, you're so brave~! ^__^
I think your fine and I know a lot of people with your same problem including Me! I have a large bust and its annoying when you want clothes and that one particluar area messes everything up!
For me I have various problems with my body, like my legs and stomach mostly but I'm thankful for what I have, I could have been born with no legs!
You're amazing just the way you are - Bruno Mars <3
Awww, you're so adorable Melody!
I used to be highly insecure about my short stumpy legs...but now I embrace them - I don't even wear high heels to lengthen my legs or anything but I just learnt to accept them as they are =)
It may have been an embarrassing post for you to write, but I really appreciated that you did. I enjoyed reading it^^
Our body shapes sound very different, often times I wish I was shorter and sometimes I hate my tiny chest. But like you said, having a larger chest makes it harder to find properly fitting clothes.
I think the only thing I would really like to change (that I can't change myself) is to have smaller feet. I have size 10 feet ><
I have never thought of you as weirdly proportioned or "stumpy". Also, your chest is not too big. I must say... I wish mine were a little bigger. ^^ Cos I have the problem of finding a dress that fits well in all other aspects, but is too big for my chest. And I love strapless dresses! ;__;
If I could change one thing, I'd work on my legs. xD
Post a Comment